Status: Verified (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 7.1.0.DR14, 7.1.0.DR15
Fix Version/s: 7.1.0.DR17
Steps to Reproduce:
Steps to reproduce the issue - not 100% reproducer. I can hit in 30% of runs in messaging lab, it seems that it can be hit better on fast discs:Steps to reproduce the issue - not 100% reproducer. I can hit in 30% of runs in messaging lab, it seems that it can be hit better on fast discs: git clone git: //git.app.eng.bos.redhat.com/jbossqe/eap-tests-hornetq.git cd eap-tests-hornetq/scripts/ groovy -DEAP_VERSION=7.1.0.DR15 PrepareServers7.groovy export WORKSPACE=$PWD export JBOSS_HOME_1=$WORKSPACE/server1/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_2=$WORKSPACE/server2/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_3=$WORKSPACE/server3/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_4=$WORKSPACE/server4/jboss-eap cd ../jboss-hornetq-testsuite/ mvn clean test -Dtest=ClusterTestCase#clusterTestWithKills -DfailIfNoTests= false -Deap=7x | tee log
Customer impact: If server in cluster crashes then some messages might get lost.
- Start two EAP 7.1 servers in (Artemis) cluster
- Send 10 000 messages to queue InQueue to node-1. Wait until all messages are sent.
- Set _AMQ_DUP_ID to generated UUID for each message
- Deploy MDB to node-2 which consumes messages from InQueue, creates new message and sends it to OutQueue (in XA transaction)
- Set inMessageId property of newly created message to message ID of message received from InQueue
- Also _AMQ_DUP_ID of newly created message is set to the same value as for message received from InQueue so they're the same
- Repeat following sequence 5 times
- Kill node-2 and start it after 20 seconds
- Kill node-1 and start it after 20 seconds
- Receive all messages from OutQueue from node -2 and compare message ID of sent messages with inMessageId of received messages to find lost and duplicated messages.
Pass Criteria: Number of messages sent to InQueue will be the same as number of messages received from OutQueue. There are no lost or duplicated messages.
Sometimes happens that some messages are lost.
No messages will be lost.