Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Duplicate Issue
Affects Version/s: 7.1.0.DR16
Fix Version/s: None
Steps to Reproduce:git clone git: //git.app.eng.bos.redhat.com/jbossqe/eap-tests-hornetq.git cd eap-tests-hornetq/scripts/ git checkout master groovy -DEAP_VERSION=7.1.0.DR16 PrepareServers7.groovy export WORKSPACE=$PWD export JBOSS_HOME_1=$WORKSPACE/server1/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_2=$WORKSPACE/server2/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_3=$WORKSPACE/server3/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_4=$WORKSPACE/server4/jboss-eap cd ../jboss-hornetq-testsuite/ mvn clean test -Dtest=BytemanLodh2TestCase#testLodh3KillOnTransactionPrepare -Deap=7x | tee log
Customer Impact: If cluster topology is used, some messages may be lost
- Cluster A with node 1 and 3 is started (JMS servers).
- Cluster B with node 2 and 4 is started (MDB servers).
- Producer sends 20000 messages (mix of small and large messages) to InQueue on cluster A. * Once producer finishes, deploy MDBs (nodes 2, 4) which read messages from InQueue (nodes 1,3) and sends them in XA transaction to OutQueue (nodes 1,3).
- Node 1 and Node 3 are killed on transaction prepare.
- Read messages from OutQueue.
Expectation: Receiver receives all messages sent by producer.
Reality: Receiver doesn't receive all messages sent by producer. Some of them are lost.
In attached logs, message with id d50ac98a-1f78-11e7-bcf4-001b217d6db1 is lost approximately 10 seconds before fist kill done in test. The lost message is large and paged.
Message is sent to node-1. MDB on node-2 reads it from InQueue and according to logs, onMessage method finishes
These are the latest mentions of this mesage in trace logs
At the end of the test, this message is not received from OutQueue.
This is regression against 7.0.z. releases.
Issue is under investigation.
See private comment for full trace logs.