Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Duplicate Issue
Affects Version/s: 7.1.0.DR16
Fix Version/s: None
Steps to Reproduce:git clone git: //git.app.eng.bos.redhat.com/jbossqe/eap-tests-hornetq.git cd eap-tests-hornetq/scripts/ git checkout 69c191fa8ff419d9c1fb1ac4ba1ceba6b35551ce groovy -DEAP_VERSION=7.1.0.DR16 PrepareServers7.groovy export WORKSPACE=$PWD export JBOSS_HOME_1=$WORKSPACE/server1/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_2=$WORKSPACE/server2/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_3=$WORKSPACE/server3/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_4=$WORKSPACE/server4/jboss-eap cd ../jboss-hornetq-testsuite/ mvn clean test -Dtest=RemoteJcaRebalancingTestCase#testLoadBalancingOfInboundConnectionsToClusterOneServerRestart -DfailIfNoTests= false -Deap=7x | tee log
- There are two servers called "JMS servers"
- There are two servers called "MDB servers"
- JMS servers are configured to be in cluster. They have destinations and hold all messages.
- MDB servers have MDB applications which connect remotely via resource adapter to JMS servers.
- All types of messages are sent to JMS server 1
- MDB applications are deployed to MDB servers and they start to resending messages from InQueue to OutQueue
- During the test all servers are restarted.
- After restarts receiver is connected to JMS server 1 and receives messages from OutQueue
Expectation: All messages sent to InQueue are received from OutQueue.
Reality: Some messages are not received. During resending of messages from InQueue to OutQueue I see a lot of exceptions .
Customer impact: In described scenario MDBs are not able to process messages, because messages were likely corrupted by compacting. However this is just hypothesis. Real root cause of this issue is unknown.
I see the issue only if compacting is enabled. Probably it also depends on block size of the disc because I am not able hit it locally but I can hit it in the lab on NFS. Block size of NFS is parametrized. Similar symptoms was already reported in
This is regression against 7.1.0.DR11. It wasn't hit during DR12-DR15 testing because the test turned off compacting from some reason.
During the test I can see also a lot of warnings  and .