As an OpenShift cluster admin
I want the cluster storage operator to install the projected resource CSI driver via its own operator
So that the projected resource CSI driver is available on my OpenShift cluster
- Set up repository so we can build the operator and run unit tests in CI.
- Bootstrap the CSI delivery operator (likely based on the gcp-pd-csi-driver-operator).
- Document requirements of a CSI delivery operator (what objects need to be created, what status needs to be reported, etc.)
- Document how to deploy the CSI delivery operator via the cluster storage operator.
The operator and/or the CSI driver repo should include documentation on how to share resources.
Openshift's library-go repository has utility functions for these CSI delivery operators.
Perhaps the fasted way to implement is to copy one of the existing delivery operators for cloud block storage, and update the logic to install manifests for the projected resource CSI driver:
- https://github.com/openshift/gcp-pd-csi-driver-operator <--- this is the simplest one
Modifying this operator to deploy via Operator Hub and OLM is out of scope for this story.
- Is this intended for an administrator, application developer, or other type of OpenShift user?
- What experience level is this intended for? New, experienced, etc.?
- Why is this story important? What problems does this solve? What benefit(s) will the customer experience?
- Is this part of a larger epic or initiative? If so, ensure that the story is linked to the appropriate epic and/or initiative.
- How should a customer use and/or configure the feature?
- Are there any prerequisites for using/enabling the feature?
- Is this a new feature, or an enhancement of an existing feature? If the latter, list the feature and docs reference.
- Are there any new terms, abbreviations, or commands introduced with this story? Ex: a new command line argument, a new custom resource.
- Are there any recommended best practices when using this feature?
- On feature completion, are there any known issues that customers should be aware of?