Enable sharing ConfigMap and Secret across namespaces
|Secrets and ConfigMaps can get shared across namespaces||YES|
Consumption of RHEL entitlements has been a challenge on OCP 4 since it moved to a cluster-based entitlement model compared to the node-based (RHEL subscription manager) entitlement mode. In order to provide a sufficiently similar experience to OCP 3, the entitlement certificates that are made available on the cluster (
OCPBU-93) should be shared across namespaces in order to prevent the need for cluster admin to copy these entitlements in each namespace which leads to additional operational challenges for updating and refreshing them.
Questions to be addressed:
* What educational or reference material (docs) is required to support this product feature? For users/admins? Other functions (security officers, etc)?
* Does this feature have doc impact?
* New Content, Updates to existing content, Release Note, or No Doc Impact
* If unsure and no Technical Writer is available, please contact Content Strategy.
* What concepts do customers need to understand to be successful in [action]?
* How do we expect customers will use the feature? For what purpose(s)?
* What reference material might a customer want/need to complete [action]?
* Is there source material that can be used as reference for the Technical Writer in writing the content? If yes, please link if available.
* What is the doc impact (New Content, Updates to existing content, or Release Note)?