As a console tenant the GUI can expect an update at the consoledot level to React 18. The GUI code base appears prepped however the Enzyme plugin we use to help in unit testing needs to be either updated or replaced.
- Replace Enzyme with React testing
- Update Enzyme with plugin for React 18
Assumptions and questions
- Updating Enzyme would be the fastest solution. However, Enzyme is only minimally maintained and has been superseded by the React testing library.
- Replacing Enzyme will result in all unit tests needing to be updated.
- There is a minimal patch we can write that uses React testing methods proxied with old Enzyme methods
- There should be NO component updates associated with this work, only GUI unit tests.