- The goal of this epic is to promote OSP Cinder CSI/Operator GA
- A similar OS as Infra epic (OSASINFRA-1611) was completed in 4.7 and brought supportability confusion between the OSP and OCP teams.
- We want the GA support to backported up until 4.7 if possible.
- More details on the current supportability misalignments are available [here|https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PiNSoBfJ7BlqCNWnIXSgwf5YIe5JdD0pF6Y7DgfJIPs/edit?usp=sharing.]
- This epic should be QE only, we want to make sure that the CI and automation are in place.
- Eng should look at the different bugs we have in 4.7, 4.8 & 4.9 to assess if anything important need to be backported to grant full support.
- OCP on OSP is a strategic deployment, in-tree provisioner being deprecated soon in favor of CSI, we need full support for provisioning OCP PVs from OSP via Cinder CSI.
- We need to have Cinder CSI GA to proceed with the in-tree to CSI migration
- We already have customers using Cinder CSI (see numbers in the doc above)
- Cinder CSI is currently tagged tech preview