Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
- What about adding Spring Boot Developer Tools Dependency - https://github.com/snowdrop/spring-boot-http-booster/pull/61
- Questions from Aurelien Pupier
We are currently trying to provide hot-deployment and debug capabilities
for FIS <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/OSFUSE-548> (Fuse Integration
Services) for several months now. One version of FIS is springboot-based. I
think that there is nothing specific to Fuse in this image and that it is a
very generic SpringBoot image.
Currently, SpringBoot application hot-deployment and debugging to OpenShift
from Jboss Tools is not supported.
- have you some plans for it?
- from what i understood, it exists several ways to hot deploy with
- with devtools locally:
- with devtools remotely:
- both of them are using exploded jar/war, I heard about non-exploded
ones but can't find any documentation for it. DO you have some?
- Is there a preferred way?
- the FIS images has been configured to look to a specific local folder
and an openshift rsync command is responsible to update this folder. So, we
have hot deployments from command-line but this is not really integrated in
- Jboss Tools OpenShift support is copying a jar instead of the exploded
folder as FIS image is expecting.
- Should we implement JBoss Tools to rsync the exploded folder?"
"JBoss Tools already supports copying exploded content - that is how EAP and node incremental updates are done.
"Yes, it is working for war but not for jars. That's why one of the proposition is to implement it for SpringBoot app (in dev mode). i was not precise enough, let me rephrase:
Should we implement JBoss Tools to rsync the exploded folder of SpringBoot app in dev mode?