devex #143 January 2018, devex #146 March 2018
currently, Springboot jar projects (such as Fuse Integration Services) are rsynced with a zipped jar file.
The requirements are:
- rsync unpacked jar
- rsync without the jar name as folder
- it will will work only if springboot devtool are included (so maybe need some dialog guiding user to do i in case it is not activated)
use case "Develop SpringBoot application deployed on OpenShift as any other applications in JBoss Tools":
- there is a SpringBoot app deployed on OpenShift
- the developer want to develop evolution of the SpringBoot app
- when he/she modifies the project, the application needs to be automatically updated on OpenShift instance
- Remote java debug should be available when the OpenShift server adapter is in debug mode.
- EXEC: create a project in your OpenShift server (ex. camel-ose-springboot)
- EXEC: Import project within fuse-on-openshift.zip into your workspace
- EXEC: open launch configuration and change:
- -Dkubernetes.master= so that it first your cdk instance
- -Dkubernetes.namespace= to the name of the project that you create in step 1.
- EXEC: run the launch config (that is included in the project), so that the project gets deployed to OpenShift (cdk)
- ASSERT: your project in OpenShift now contains a service *camel-ose-springboot-xml*, the pod for it is running.
- EXEC: in OpenShift Explorer: select this service and create a server adapter for it (Server Adapter.. in the context menu for the service)
- ASSERT: server adapter is created and is [started]
- EXEC: in OpenShift Explorer: pick Pod Log... in the context menu for the pod of your service)
- ASSERT: pod log is opened in "Console" view and shows an output with random numbers in the end
- EXEC: In Project Explorer: open class MyTransformer and change the transform method
- ASSERT: "Console" view is opened and shows how the server adapter is publishing the MyTransformer class to the pod