- Document syntax to the new fields inside the API.
- Document behaviour using this feature for 1) what happens in Fluentd and 2) what happens in Elasticsearch.
- Document ES index management for JSON logs. Specifically that we manage rollover through the application source. So if you configure a rollover policy for your application source it applies to all "new" indices since we manage it through the app-* alias.
- Document how you use default store in combination with the Log Forwarding API and the JSON configuration as part of it.
- Document the limitations to this feature (e.g. nested JSON objects, too many field type variations, etc.) so that users understand implications.