1. Proposed title of this feature request
Ability to remove the default "redhat-helm-repo" HelmChartRepository
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
The customer would like to remove the "redhat-helm-repo" HelmChartRepository from his cluster so the default Helm Charts from this repository are not available on the cluster. The customer still wants to use Helm but just not have the default repository.
At the moment with the current OCP 4.6 release, when this repository is deleted, it will be recreated (see comment from 2020/Oct/29 in
ODC-2994) by an Operator.
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
- For restricted clusters where only certain workload can run, having the default Helm Charts from the default repository available does not bring any value and confuses developers. This is why the customer wants to remove the default repository.
- The customer would like to remove the default charts because they do not want the developers to install applications from that repository. What the customer requires is is some control over the content of the catalog.
- Still, for internal Helm Charts the possibility to manage these via HelmChartRepository objects is valuable, so disabling the complete feature is not desirable.
4. List any affected packages or components.
HelmChartRepository and related Operators