Quick Starts are key tool for helping our customer to discover and understand how to take advantage of services that run on top of the OpenShift Platform. This feature will focus on making the Quick Starts extensible. With this Console extension our customer and partners will be able to add in their own Quick Starts to help drive a great user experience.
Enhancement PR: https://github.com/openshift/enhancements/pull/360
- Provide a supported API that our internal teams, external partners and customers can use to create Quick Starts for the OCP Console.( QUICKSTART CRD)
- Provide proper documentation and templates to make it as easy as possible to create Quick Starts
- Update the Console Operator to generate Quick Starts for enabling key services on the OCP Clusters:
- Process to validate Quick Starts for each release (Internal Teams Only)
- Support Internationalization
|Define QuickStart CRD||YES|
|Console Operator: Out of the box support for installing Quick Starts for enabling Operators||YES|
|Process( Design\Review), Documentation + Template for providing out of the box quick starts||YES|
|Process, Docs, for enabling Operators to add Quick Starts||YES|
|Migrate existing UI to work with CRD|
|Move Existing Quick Starts to new CRD||YES|
|CI - MUST be running successfully with test automation||This is a requirement for ALL features.||YES|
|Release Technical Enablement||Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.||YES|
Questions to be addressed:
- What educational or reference material (docs) is required to support this product feature? For users/admins? Other functions (security officers, etc)?
- Does this feature have doc impact?
- New Content, Updates to existing content, Release Note, or No Doc Impact
- If unsure and no Technical Writer is available, please contact Content Strategy.
- What concepts do customers need to understand to be successful in [action]?
- How do we expect customers will use the feature? For what purpose(s)?
- What reference material might a customer want/need to complete [action]?
- Is there source material that can be used as reference for the Technical Writer in writing the content? If yes, please link if available.
- What is the doc impact (New Content, Updates to existing content, or Release Note)?