Type: Feature Request
Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:2021 Week 07-09 (from Feb 15), 2021 Week 10-12 (from Mar 8)
Docs QE Status:NEW
[QE] How to address?:---
[QE] Why QE missed?:---
Goal: Ability to navigate to a subprocess definition by opening it in a new editor.
Users expectations: User should be able to open the sub-process from the open editor without using asset library and manual search.
Spaces: Business Central
- goal: open subprocess in a NEW editor (depends on the channel). For instance, notice parent and child processes will end up on different editors, so no editor's state sharing will be available (undo/redo, copy/paste)
- Way: Navigation to subprocess - By using a button (eg: a new button just below delete icon, as DMN does)
- single source BPMN/XML file, for each process
- Error handling (file not found, etc)
- always open in edit mode (no read-only)
- user navigation parent <-> child editors
- any process scope / context should be inherited from parent
- any interference between editors expected? should child notify parents at some point
- The feature is targeting only Process Editor in Business Central (kogito channels are excluded from this ticket, see KOGITO-4448).
- During authoring processes, when click on the toolbox button of reusable sub-process, the linked process will be opened as a separate asset.