Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.9.0.AM3
Sprint:devex #150 June 2018, devex #152 July 2018, devex #153 August 2018, devex #154 September 2018
This is a follow up on
The maven profile is never read to determine the actual archive name. That will require more coupling to m2e, in order to load the pom.xml model using the openshift profile, if it exists, in order to determine the archive name. This will be a long running operation and will require more significant changes
- EXEC: follow steps outlined in https://github.com/redhat-helloworld-msa/helloworld-msa/blob/master/hello.adoc (deploying with fabric8 maven plugin doesn't work, you end up having the pod failing with ImagePullBack error. You need to take the alternative road where you deploy via "oc new-build", "oc new-app", "oc expose" etc.)
- EXEC: import the app into your Eclipse workspace
- EXEC: "hello" (workspace) project: Properties > Maven > Active Maven Profile: set "openshift"
- EXEC: create a server adapter and start it
- ASSERT: adapter starts syncing, verify what war is used
The war that's created locally and then synced to the pod is "hello.war" even though the profile specifies "ROOT.war"
If you start the server adapter the maven profile "openshift" should be activated and the war that's published should be "ROOT.war". If you stop the server adapter the "openshift" maven profile should be deactivated for the "hello" project.