- EXEC: create the "hello" application in OpenShift as outlined in https://github.com/redhat-helloworld-msa/helloworld-msa/blob/master/hello.adoc#option-2-deploy-project-via-oc-cli
- EXEC: import the "hello" maven project into your Eclipse
- EXEC: create a server adapter and start it
- ASSERT: server adapter for project "hello" is [Started, Synchronized]
- ASSERT: "openshift" maven profile is activated for the "hello" project, console output for oc rsync shows that a war called "ROOT.war" was deployed.
- EXEC: in the Project Explorer: pick Maven > Select Maven Profiles... and uncheck the "openshift" maven profile
- ASSERT: Console output for oc rsync shows that a war "hello.war" was published
A new war hello.war was published but not deployed - no .dodeploy marker was created - , the old war ROOT.war was NOT removed and is still deployed.
In the pod log you see the following output for wildfly/eap that confirms this: