The average end-user would like to:
1) check out (clone) a project from CVS, SVN or Git
– add repo, navigate repo, check out a project
– project may or may not have .classpath, .project or .settings files
– project may be Maven-based
and see if the following work
2) Are the appropriate facets enabled?
3) Does it build immediately?
4) Can I immediately hit the run button to launch it on my app server?
5) Can I immediately hit the debug button to debug it on my app server?
– how do I step if there are no break points?
6) Make a change to a file, re-run/debug again
7) Run JUnit tests
8) Check the change back into the repo with comments