- Add build-time configuration options for controlling columnDefinitions.
For example, a column of UUID type likely needs to be defined with BINARY(16) for MySQL/MariaDB but other databases such as postgres work fine with native support.
- Add build-time configuration options for controlling column length and precision
For example a String column will by default be created by ORM with length 255, but perhaps users would rather limit that to 10, 25, 50, etc.
- Allow users to configure custom attribute converters to the payload (and possibly other fields?)
- Follow-up on https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/pull/3894
Right now the OutboxProcessor explicitly registers two classes for reflective access that ORM does not yet do itself. Once ORM does, we can remove that from our processor.
See https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/pull/6557 a PR that addresses this.
- Provide the right metadata to have this extension showing up in the Quarkus extension list; see this thread for details; with Emmanuel Bernard we decided that the extension will remain in Debezium for now, but it should be discoverable easily from quarkus.io.