- Make it possible to disable the console operator at install time, while still having a supported+upgradeable cluster.
- It's possible to disable console itself using spec.managementState in the console operator config. There is no way to remove the console operator, though. For clusters where an admin wants to completely remove console, we should give the option to disable the console operator as well.
- I'm an administrator who wants to minimize my OpenShift cluster footprint and who does not want the console installed on my cluster
- It is possible at install time to opt-out of having the console operator installed. Once the cluster comes up, the console operator is not running.
- Composable cluster installation
- The console operator manages the downloads deployment as well. Do we disable the downloads deployment? Long term we want to move to CLI manager: https://github.com/openshift/enhancements/blob/6ae78842d4a87593c63274e02ac7a33cc7f296c3/enhancements/oc/cli-manager.md
- CI - CI is running, tests are automated and merged.
- Release Enablement <link to Feature Enablement Presentation>
- DEV - Upstream code and tests merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
- DEV - Upstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
- DEV - Downstream build attached to advisory: <link to errata>
- QE - Test plans in Polarion: <link or reference to Polarion>
- QE - Automated tests merged: <link or reference to automated tests>
- DOC - Downstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR>