After the discussion in this Jira, this attribute should be marked as deprecated actually. Therefore there need to be done:
- provide information that this attribute is deprecated in resource description in CLI for /subsystem=undertow/servlet-container=default/setting=jsp[check-interval] (since what version + reason)
- provide such information also in our EAP7 documentation
As from discussion following text is irrelevant for now
of JSP servlet configuration seems not to be working - whatever is its value, any change to JSP file is propagated to EAP server right after the file change.
Try following with various values set to check-interval attribute:
- start EAP server
- deploy any war with jsp file (e.g. attached [^simple-jsp.war]) as an exploded archive
- perform request to localhost:8080/simple-jsp to see content
- modify file EAP_HOME/standalone/deployments/simple-jsp.war/index.jsp
- perform request again and see that change to file was directly propagated
Expected behaviour is:
- when check-interval is set to 0, then no check for JSP updates is performed at all
- when check-interval is greather than 0 and developement is false, then regular check for JSP updates is provided each X seconds, where X is value of check-interval attribute
In EAP6 this seems to be working just fine this way.