Details

    • Steps to Reproduce:
      Hide

      I have no way of reproducing the issue as I have no idea what might be the trigger.

      Show
      I have no way of reproducing the issue as I have no idea what might be the trigger.

      Description

      After 2 months of use Wildfly suddenly started to send an invalid Last-Modified header. Normally it should be in the format:
      Fri, 10 Oct 2014 19:35:55 GMT
      But sometimes it sends:
      Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:35:55 CEST
      Or even:
      Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:35:55 CEST GMT
      The URLConnection.getLastModified() method cannot handle these 2 last formats as it uses an old and deprecated Date.parse(..) method.
      A restart of the service fixes the issue for a few hours after which it reappears but not for all requests. We switched back to JBoss 7.1.1 and the issue disappeared completely so we're pretty sure that it's a bug in WildFly. No updates were done to windows, java and Wildfly that could have triggered the issue. We noticed the issue because we have a java applet running at the customer side. We use URLConnection to download some files based on the last modification date of these files. Browsers don't seem to be affected by the issue.

        Gliffy Diagrams

          Attachments

            Issue Links

              Activity

                People

                • Assignee:
                  swd847 Stuart Douglas
                  Reporter:
                  davy.dedurpel Davy De Durpel
                • Votes:
                  0 Vote for this issue
                  Watchers:
                  2 Start watching this issue

                  Dates

                  • Created:
                    Updated:
                    Resolved: