git clone git: //git.app.eng.bos.redhat.com/jbossqe/eap-tests-hornetq.git cd eap-tests-hornetq/scripts/ git checkout eap7.2.0.EO12 groovy -DEAP_ZIP_URL=https: //eap-qe-jenkins.rhev-ci-vms.eng.rdu2.redhat.com/job/early-testing-messaging-prepare/428//artifact/jboss-eap.zip PrepareServers7.groovy export WORKSPACE=$PWD export JBOSS_HOME_1=$WORKSPACE/server1/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_2=$WORKSPACE/server2/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_3=$WORKSPACE/server3/jboss-eap export JBOSS_HOME_4=$WORKSPACE/server4/jboss-eap cd ../jboss-hornetq-testsuite/ mvn clean test -Dtest=Lodh2TestCase#testLodh3kill -Dprepare.param.DATABASE=oracle12c -Dprepare.param.JDBC_STORE= true -Deap7.org.jboss.qa.hornetq.apps.clients.version=7.1526497127-wildfly-master-SNAPSHOT -DfailIfNoTests= false -Deap=7x | tee log
After Artemis upgrade to 1.5.5.jbossorg-011 (
WFLY-10139) I can see a regression in Remote JCA test case when JDBC persistent store is used. This issue is not present if Artemis file based journal is used.
When I removed commits related to JDBC HA from Artemis upgrade, the test passed with both JDBC and file based store.
Remote JCA scenario:
- There are 4 Wildfly servers
- Servers 1 and 3 are used as messaging brokers - they are called JMS servers
- Servers 2 and 4 have MDBs and RA configured to connect to JMS servers. These servers are called MDB servers.
- External standalone producer sends messages to server 1 to InQueue
- MDBs on MBD severs receive messages from InQueue and send them to OutQueue
- External standalone receiver receives messages from server 3 from OutQueue
- During this scenario server 1 is several times killed and restarted.
Expectation: All messages sent by the standalone producer are received by the standalone receiver. There are no lost or duplicated messages.
Reality: After some kills of server 1, message flow coming from the standalone producer is broken and the receiver does not receive any messages in specified timeout.
Critical priority was chosen because the regression has been detected only in this particular test case so far. We ran only nightly testing scope. After that we run full testing, we will know more about impact of this issue.
At some point following log messages start to occur in the test log. It seems that they are related to malfunction of communication among Artemis brokers what causes that message flow is broken.