Uploaded image for project: 'Weld'
  1. Weld
  2. WELD-2634

Surefire plugin update causes weird testsuite behaviour

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Task
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Major
    • Resolution: Done
    • 3.1.4.Final
    • 4.0.0.Beta1, 3.1.6.Final
    • None
    • None

    Description

      I have tried updating surefire version, declared in weld-parent project, and this causes some awkward testsuite behaviour on tests-arquillian.

      We are now on 2.19.1 version which works fine, but anything newer doesn't.

       

      To reproduce this, just update plugin and run mvn clean install on tests-arquillian (other tests such as TCK will likely be affected as well). Amongst test output, there are three weird things:

      • Number of tests is about twice as big
      • Ouput contains failures of tests that shouldn't have been executed in the first place (in-container tests with @Category that is excluded)
      • Output contains re-run of tests which shouldn't happen with default setting and what's worse it re-runs tests that passed the first run (and they fail on second)

      I wasn't yet able to nail this down. The suspects are either plugin setup (which I tried playing with but to no avail so far) and maybe some cooperation between Arquillian and surefire which is a black box to me yet.

       

      Once resolved, we should update the plugin on both, 3.1 and master branches.

      Attachments

        Activity

          People

            mkouba@redhat.com Martin Kouba
            manovotn Matěj Novotný
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: