At the moment it is not possible to export/import the sources from the Developer Portal CMS.
There is a need for a CMS API which would allow to:
• Download single files (incl. by name)
• Upload single files (incl. by name)
• Publish the current state
• Revert the current state to a previous version
This would be useful for the following use cases:
• move the complete CMS from one 3scale account (instance in on-premises) to another one
• manage the assets (templates, CSS, images etc.) externally (under version control) and upload them automatically to 3scale
Additional requested features:
• Download all CMS sources as zip file
• Upload all CMS sources as zip file
These should be available in the UI.
Some customers have used the undocumented API and unsupported tools to use the API to do exactly what they want. They have a DevPortal template which they use to automatically create new dev portals for new APIs on-demand, and then they link them into their overall (hand built elsewhere) API Catalog.
- Uploading security files to our servers, especially if you want to upload them, save them in the database. Could potentially upload malicious files.
- Uploading large files - can kill unicorn - easy to do DDOS - would have to find a different way to upload the files, therefore introducing more complexity.