Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 8.7
Fix Version/s: 8.12
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start the server
2. create a VDB in standalone/deployments and wait until VDB is deployed:
3. change VDB definition and wait for redeploying:
4. correct error and wait for redeploying:
In case of need I can provide a server.log1. start the server 2. create a VDB in standalone/deployments and wait until VDB is deployed: <vdb name= "odata" version= "1" > <model name= "Source" type= "VIRTUAL" > <metadata type= "DDL" > create view aaa(a string) as select 'b' ; </metadata> </model> </vdb> 3. change VDB definition and wait for redeploying: ... <model name= "Source" > ... 4. correct error and wait for redeploying: ... <model name= "Source" type= "VIRTUAL" > ... In case of need I can provide a server.log
If a dynamic VDB is deployed with error (non-virtual model defined with no source information) then Teiid shows TEIID40093 (this is correct) and further error:
- if the VDB is new, then "JBAS014612: Operation ("deploy") failed" is thrown - this seems to be correct as there is no stacktrace in the log and error description is logical 
- if the VDB is redeployed, then NoSuchElementException is thrown with message "No child 'name' exists" . Teiid seems to try to replace deployment, which has been previously removed.
If the error is corrected (model type set to VIRTUAL), VDB is deployed successfully and its state is set to ACTIVE but post-metadata-load action throws IllegalStateException (getBuffermanager method) . It does not affect any other VDB, but seems to affect every further redeploying of the affected VDB.