Teiid's federation and query processing features are of use to several other projects. An embeddedable form is desired such that:
- the application server is not required
- queries could be issued in the engine object model to by-pass parsing/validation and results retrieved without the need for JDBC
- new translators could be added
The following would be open for discussion:
- the inclusion of saxon/xom/nux for SQL/XML processing
- if the general deployment logic would be needed, or if just a single dynamic vdb is all that is needed
See the org.teiid.jdbc.FakeServer in the test-integration/common module for a rough approximation at the entry point for a embeddable server. Note that it is more geared at unit testing JDBC/ODBC rather than providing the features needed here.