- Update all images that we ship with OpenShift to the latest upstream releases and libraries.
- Exact content of what needs to be updated will be determined as new images are released upstream, which is not known at the beginning of OCP development work. We don't know what new features will be included and should be tested and documented. Especially new CSI drivers releases may bring new, currently unknown features. We expect that the amount of work will be roughly the same as in the previous releases. Of course, QE or docs can reject an update if it's too close to deadline and/or looks too big.
Traditionally we did these updates as bugfixes, because we did them after the feature freeze (FF). Trying no-feature-freeze in 4.12. We will try to do as much as we can before FF, but we're quite sure something will slip past FF as usual.
- We want to ship the latest software that contains new features and bugfixes.
- CI - MUST be running successfully with tests automated
- Release Technical Enablement - Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.