Uploaded image for project: 'Red Hat Process Automation Manager'
  1. Red Hat Process Automation Manager
  2. RHPAM-2764

Error parsing parameters in JDBC URL when MySQL or MariaDB external database

    XMLWordPrintable

Details

    • Bug
    • Status: Verified (View Workflow)
    • Major
    • Resolution: Done
    • 7.7.0.GA
    • 7.8.0.GA
    • Cloud
    • Any environment suitable on template and operator

    • CR1
    • CR1
    • Hide

      No workaround

      Show
      No workaround
    • Hide

      Given a RHPAM deployment
      When setting JDBC URL to jdbc:mysql:mysql-57.hosts.prod.upshift.rdu2.redhat.com:3306/dballo02?useSSL=false
      Then Kie Server fails to startup

      Show
      Given a RHPAM deployment When setting JDBC URL to jdbc:mysql:mysql-57.hosts.prod.upshift.rdu2.redhat.com:3306/dballo02?useSSL=false Then Kie Server fails to startup
    • 2020 Week 22-24 (from May 25)

    Description

      When we deploy a RHPAM environment (for example, production or trial) with an external database that needs special parameters, the only way to inject these parameters is via the JDBC URL. The problem is that when using a MYSQL or MARIADB external database, some other parameters are injected automatically and the final JDBC URL is wrong, for example:

      • If we set the JDBC URL to jdbc:mysql:mysql-57.hosts.prod.upshift.rdu2.redhat.com:3306/dballo02*?useSSL=false*

      In templates, this is done by setting the parameter RHPAM_URL.
      In Operators, this is done by setting the field .Database.ExternalConfig.JdbcURL

      • Then, the kieserver tries to startup using the next JDBC URL:

      jdbc:mysql:mysql-57.hosts.prod.upshift.rdu2.redhat.com:3306/dballo02*?useSSL=false?pinGlobalTxToPhysicalConnection=true&enabledTLSProtocols=TLSv1.2*

      Which is not working due to the double character "?". The expected result would be: jdbc:mysql:mysql-57.hosts.prod.upshift.rdu2.redhat.com:3306/dballo02?useSSL=false&pinGlobalTxToPhysicalConnection=true&enabledTLSProtocols=TLSv1.2

      We think the cause might be around this line.

      As far I know, there is no workaround to append parameters to the external database connection.

      Attachments

        Issue Links

          Activity

            People

              rhn-support-fspolti Filippe Spolti
              jcarvaja@redhat.com Jose Carvajal Hilario
              Jose Carvajal Hilario Jose Carvajal Hilario
              Jose Carvajal Hilario Jose Carvajal Hilario
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: