Upgrades to version 3.6.1 are broken in 4.6 clusters. After upgrading the following is logged by the operator:
When adding a "projected" property to a volume that already contains a "secret" entry the latter is not removed, thus generating a volume with both "projected" and "secret" entries (this is invalid, the volume is either a secret/configmap or a projection of multiple secrets/configmaps).
- Upgrades work in 4.6 release
- Upgrades work in 4.7 release
- Test cases exist for upgrades in all supported OpenShift releases (QE Team)
Working quay instances most likely will continue to work with the old deployment, as a workaround users can patch clair-app deployment and:
- remove the volume "certs"
- remove the volumeMount "certs"
- scale down the operator
- scale up the operator
This will trigger a reconcile and everything should get back to normal.