All customizations we have added in the past are part of the official OpenShift API. This means that we need to support and maintain it, it's not just an internal implementation detail that we can change at any time.
To align this API with other APIs we need to follow the OpenShift API Conventions process
- Check the API details with Christoph or Sam and keep them aligned with the new OCP customization options doc
- Write the proposal and request a review from our architect Sam and external reviewers in (#forum-api-review)
- OpenShift API Conventions: https://github.com/openshift/enhancements/blob/master/dev-guide/api-conventions.md
- Console enhancement docs: https://github.com/openshift/enhancements/tree/master/enhancements/console
- OCP customization options https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g38FeiIId-nYYa6b72hsaGVWfKr8MTGPRGINxH5sulE/edit