Currently we don't provide a mechanism for community kamelets to be accessed by our developers.
There are now 30+ community kamelets available here: https://camel.apache.org/camel-kamelets/latest/index.html
When the camel-k operator is installed,
- the event source catalog should include SOURCE kamelets from the community kamelet catalog ( we would omit the SINKs til future release )
- the event source catalog should expose a filter which allows the user to chose between COMMUNITY or RED HAT supported Kamletes
- the default setting for that filter should be Red Hat only
- As a developer, I want easy access to the breadth of event sources, regardless if they community or product, so that I can accomplish an integration problem at hand quickly – Red Hat support becomes a scondary concern that I (the developer) will address once the POC/ Demo works successfully.
- As a developer, I want to provide feedback to the community and Red Hat about the types of event sources and their suitability for my task at hand.
- Developers can view and create Community Kamelets (of type source) in the Developer Catalog
- Developers can utilize a filter to show/hide Community Kamelets (default filter should hide Community)
- Developers can access documentation for event sources
- Camel K upstream and Camel K by Red Hat (>TP4)
Other useful links, community: https://github.com/apache/camel-kamelets
Subset for product: https://github.com/openshift-integration/kamelet-catalog