OpenShift 3 provided a form based experience for editing Deployments and Deployment Configs. This is a frequent request from developer advocates and customers, as this is a gap/regression.
Jamboard from exploration
– Update this list after Epic Exploration
- GA feature, thus should be properly documented
- GA feature, thus need to provide enablement
- Tech Preview feature, documentation should be stretch goal
- Tech Preview feature, enablement should be stretch goal
- Include in what's new RHD blog
- Consider for stretch RHD blog
As a user,
- I should have a form based edit experience for my Deployment
- I should have a form based edit experience for my Deployment Config
- When invoking the Edit command from topology, I should be brought to the form based experience by default
- I should be able to switch to the YAML view from the Form view, and vice versa
- This epic modifies the current behavior of Edit Deployment/Deployment Config.
- The "Edit %name%" flow which currently exists bringing the user back into an Import from Git/Deploy Image flow should not be altered as part of this epic.