There are specific opportunities to improve the administrative experience when using the machine API, this topic is around the setting up of appropriate default values (saving time and errors) and also early validation of said values to allow quick detection of errors.
There are also specific areas where we lack capabilities that are key to the end user experience.
- Include reasonable defaults where calls are made to APIs
- Where possible validate calls made to APIs
- Do this for all cloud provider interactions
- Address key parts of missing functionality in subcomponents
|Implement validation/defaulting for AWS||Yes|
|Implement validation/defaulting for GCP|
|Implement validation/defaulting for Azure|
|Implement validation/defaulting for vSphere|
Out of Scope
Background, and strategic fit
This type of checking can cut down on errors, reducing outages and also time wasted on identifying issues
Customers must be ready to handle if their settings are not accepted.
- Target audience: cluster admins
- Updated content: update docs to mention the defaults selected and the validation that occurs, also what to do in the event validation fails.