Ensure that OpenShift 4.13 on vSphere is limited to vSphere 7.0u2 or later for install and upgrade.
- Ensure that OpenShift 4.13 on vSphere is limited to vSphere 7.0u2 or later because OCP 4.13 will have CSI migration enabled and vSphere 7.0.2 is minimum requirement of migration. Earlier vSphere versions are not supported in OCP 4.13.
- Block upgrades to OpenShift 4.13 if vSphere 7.0u1 or earlier is used. vSphere 7.0.2 or later is minimum requirement for upgrade.
- Ensure OpenShift docs are updated to reflect these restriction.
Why is this important
- VMware vSphere is very popular among our install base. If we fail to provide guidance, customers will run into issues during install and upgrade.
OCPBU-150 Install and update OpenShift on Infrastructure Providers
- This Section:* A list of specific needs or objectives that a Feature must deliver to satisfy the Feature.. Some requirements will be flagged as MVP. If an MVP gets shifted, the feature shifts. If a non MVP requirement slips, it does not shift the feature.
|CI - MUST be running successfully with test automation||This is a requirement for ALL features.||YES|
|Release Technical Enablement||Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.||YES|
- Main success scenarios - high-level user stories
- Alternate flow/scenarios - high-level user stories
This Section: What does the person writing code, testing, documenting need to know? What context can be provided to frame this feature.
Questions to be addressed:
- What educational or reference material (docs) is required to support this product feature? For users/admins? Other functions (security officers, etc)?
- Does this feature have doc impact?
- New Content, Updates to existing content, Release Note, or No Doc Impact
- If unsure and no Technical Writer is available, please contact Content Strategy.
- What concepts do customers need to understand to be successful in [action]?
- How do we expect customers will use the feature? For what purpose(s)?
- What reference material might a customer want/need to complete [action]?
- Is there source material that can be used as reference for the Technical Writer in writing the content? If yes, please link if available.
- What is the doc impact (New Content, Updates to existing content, or Release Note)?