Customers are asking for improvements to the upgrade experience (both over-the-air and disconnected). This is a feature tracking epics required to get that work done.
- Have an option to do upgrades in more discrete steps under admin control. Specifically, these steps are:
- Control plane upgrade
- Worker nodes upgrade
- Workload enabling upgrade (i..e. Router, other components) or infra nodes
- Better visibility into any errors during the upgrades and documentation of what they error means and how to recover.
- An user experience around an end-2-end back-up and restore after a failed upgrade
OTA-810- Better Documentation:
- Backup procedures before upgrades.
- More control over worker upgrades (with tagged pools between user Vs admin)
- The kinds of pre-upgrade tests that are run, the errors that are flagged and what they mean and how to address them.
- Better explanation of each discrete step in upgrades, and what each CVO Operator is doing and potential errors, troubleshooting and mitigating actions.