The vSphere CCM has a new YAML based cloud config format. We should build a config transformer into CCMO to load the old ini file, drop any storage/unrelated entries, and convert the existing schema to the new YAML schema, before storing it within the CCM namespace.
This will allow us to use the new features from the YAML config and avoid the old, deprecated ini format.
- Sync up with SPLAT and make sure this is the right way to go,
- Make sure not to introduce dependency on vSphere provider itself
- Evaluate existing configuration and new configuration and plan transformation.
- Implement transformer to transform ini to yaml
- Ensure old storage configuration is dropped
- Cluster Infra
- Configuration for the vSphere CCM in the cloud controller manager namespace is in the new YAML format
- Make sure to test the conversion
- What happens if the existing config is YAML not ini