This is a clone of issue
OCPBUGS-1417. The following is the description of the original issue:
Description of problem:
Egress IP is not being assigned to primary interface of node as per hostsubnet definition. The issue being observed at an Openshift cluster hosted on Disconnected AWS environment. Following steps were performed at AWS end:
- Disconnected VPC was created and installation of Openshift was done as per documentation.
- Elastic IP could not be used as it is a disconnected environment. Customer identified a free IP from same subnet as the node and modified interface of the node to add a secondary IP.
It seems cloud.network.openshift.io/egress-ipconfig annotation is need on the node to attach IP to primary interface but its missing. From SDN POD log on the same node I could see its complaining about 'an incomplete annotation "cloud.network.openshift.io/egress-ipconfig"'. Will share more details over comments.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a disconnected environment on AWS
2. find a free IP from subnet where a worker node is hosted and add that as secondary IP to NIC of that node.
3. Configure hostsubnet and netnamespace on Openshift cluster
- Eress IP is not being attached to primary interface of node for which hostsubnet has been configured
- Egress IP should get configured without any issue.