Description of problem:
During ZTP, when a supermicro server is used, server always boots into existing HD instead of CD, even though the supermicro maintenance logs shows the bootorder instance was set to CD.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
hub cluster ocp version: 4.11.0
ACM version: 2.5.2
gitops version: 1.6.0
How reproducible: 100%
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create siteconfig for a supermicro server.
2. Trigger ZTP from hub cluster
3. Wait for bmh in provisioned state, then wait for server to boot into CD and start install.
3. BMH becomes provsioned, but server booted into HD. Although I can see the iso was successfully attached to virtual media and supermicro mtc events indicates the boot order instance was set to CD.
Supermicro server boots into CD
- Logs, boot video, bmh: http://registry.ran-vcl01.ptp.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com:8080/images/OCPBUGS-369/
- This issue did not happen on same hub cluster with other spoke servers, e.g., Dell, ZT.
- The same Supermicro server installed successfully from another hub cluster with following versions: OCP: 4.9.21, ACM: 2.4.5, gitops: 1.5.5.