OCP/Telco Definition of Done
Feature Template descriptions and documentation.
<--- Cut-n-Paste the entire contents of this description into your new Feature --->
<--- Remove the descriptive text as appropriate --->
- As RH OpenShift Product Owners, we want to enable new providers/platforms/service with varying levels of capabilities and integration with minimal reliance on OpenShift Engineering.
- As a new provider/platform partner, I want to enable my solution (hardware and/or software) with OpenShift with minimal effort.
- It is currently challenging for us to enable new platforms / providers without taking the heavy burden on doing the platform specific development ourselves.
- We want to enable the long-tail new platforms/providers to expand our reach into new markets and/or support new use cases.
- We want to remove strict dependencies we have on Engineering teams to review, support and test new providers.
- We want to lower the effort required for onboarding new platforms/providers.
- We want to enable new platform/providers to self-certify.
- We want to define tiered model for provider/platform integration that delineates ownership and responsibilities throughout new provider/platform development lifecycle and support model.
- We want to reduce time to onboard new provider/platform – ideally to a single release.
- We want to maintain consistent customer experience across all providers/platforms.
- Step-by-step guide on how to add a new platform/provider for each tier
- Certification tool for partner to self-certify
- Certification tool results for (at least) each Y/minor release submitted by partner to Red Hat for acknowledgement
- DCI program to enable partners to run CI with OpenShift on their platform
- Well documented, accessible, and up-to-date test suites for providing the test coverage of the partner
- CI includes upgrade testing of OpenShift with partner's components
- Partner component upgrade failure should not block OpenShift upgrade
- Partner code is available in repositories in the openshift org on github with an open source license compatible with OpenShift
|CI - MUST be running successfully with test automation||This is a requirement for ALL features.||YES|
|Release Technical Enablement||Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.||YES|
- Main success scenarios - high-level user stories
- Alternate flow/scenarios - high-level user stories
This Section: What does the person writing code, testing, documenting need to know? What context can be provided to frame this feature.
Questions to be addressed:
- What educational or reference material (docs) is required to support this product feature? For users/admins? Other functions (security officers, etc)?
- Does this feature have doc impact?
- New Content, Updates to existing content, Release Note, or No Doc Impact
- If unsure and no Technical Writer is available, please contact Content Strategy.
- What concepts do customers need to understand to be successful in [action]?
- How do we expect customers will use the feature? For what purpose(s)?
- What reference material might a customer want/need to complete [action]?
- Is there source material that can be used as reference for the Technical Writer in writing the content? If yes, please link if available.
- What is the doc impact (New Content, Updates to existing content, or Release Note)?
- [ Notes - OpenShift Everywhere - Onboarding new providers/platforms|https://www.google.com/url?q=[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M1zLG2-wmkeCWTS8omN5G8vsDKvDeZfmegsi7cCVh-U/edit?usp%3Dsharing&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1641920246517943&usg=AOvVaw2ZIl_XuE7OsSr4wCmRjOp3]]
- OKD Installer Architecture Brainstorming Working Group Meeting Minutes
- New-Platform Documentation Working Group Meeting Minutes