- Allow users to manage Alertmanager for user-defined alerts and have the feature being fully supported.
- Users want to configure alert notifications without admin intervention.
- The feature is currently Tech Preview, it should be generally available to benefit a bigger audience.
- As a cluster admin, I can deploy an Alertmanager service dedicated for user-defined alerts (e.g. separated from the existing Alertmanager already used for platform alerts).
- As an application developer, I can silence alerts from the OCP console.
- As an application developer, I'm not allowed to configure invalid AlertmanagerConfig objects.
- CI - MUST be running successfully with tests automated
- Release Technical Enablement - Provide necessary release enablement details and documents.
- The AlertmanagerConfig CRD is v1beta1
- The validating webhook service checking AlertmanagerConfig resources is highly-available.
- Prometheus operator upstream should migrate the AlertmanagerConfig CRD from v1alpha1 to v1beta1
- Console enhancements likely to be involved (see below).
- Part of the feature is available as Tech Preview (MON-880).
- Coordination with the console team to support the Alertmanager service dedicated for user-defined alerts.
- Migration steps for users that are already using the v1alpha1 CRD.
* CI - CI is running, tests are automated and merged.
* Release Enablement <link to Feature Enablement Presentation>
* DEV - Upstream code and tests merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
* DEV - Upstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR or GitHub Issue>
* DEV - Downstream build attached to advisory: <link to errata>
* QE - Test plans in Polarion: <link or reference to Polarion>
* QE - Automated tests merged: <link or reference to automated tests>
* DOC - Downstream documentation merged: <link to meaningful PR>