Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 4.1.0.Final
Fix Version/s: 4.2.0.Final
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create ModeShape repository
2. Create JCR with versionable mixin type
3. Repeat above step to add up to 1 million nodes
4. Improve performance to partition nodes into different tree structure
5. Monitor heap usage via JMX tool, such as jconsole
6. Heap is used up around 600k-700k nodes.
When versionable mixin type is enabled for JCR nodes, JVM heap is slowly used up to cause memory and CPU issues in the application.
In the attached Java test case, the symptom becomes significant when the the number of JCR nodes reaches over 600K in the repository.
Without enabling the versionable mixin type, adding 1 million JCR nodes with the attached configuration is just used about 500 MB of heap.