Now that JBoss is making the EAP 6.1 binaries available (see this announcement), we should change our kits for AS7 over to use EAP, which always contains more fixes, is more tested, and is more stable than the community releases of the upstream JBoss AS. Note that EAP 6.1.0.Alpha1 is the equivalent of JBoss AS7.2.0.Final (see the FAQs), but with EAP there will be additional alphas, betas, and other releases.
The JBoss AS community will proceed with work on AS8. Since that's very bleeding edge, we want to stick with the more stable AS7-based releases that are now called EAP 6.1.x.
Some useful links:
- EAP 6.1.0.Alpha1 can be downloaded from http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
- Maven repository(ies) with EAP artifacts: http://maven.repository.redhat.com
- FAQs: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/faq
- Develeper forum for EAP: https://community.jboss.org/en/jbosseap
- EAP JIRA: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBEAP
- Arquillian BOM for EAP (link) that makes it possible to use Arquillian with EAP 6, via: