When we created the '3.x' branch and started adding modules for the new ModeShape architecture, we kept all the older modules (to make it easier to move code around and to reference the 2.x code). Now that we're getting close to Alpha1, we need to get rid of all the non-3.x code.
The following modules need to be removed:
- modeshape-jcr (the old 2.x JCR layer)
- docs/modeshape-jdbc (after moving content to our new documentation)
- extensions/modeshape-search-lucene (the new -jcr module will have Lucene/HibernateSearch integrated into it)
- extensions/modeshape-clustering (the new -jcr module will have clustering integrated into it)
And the following should be renamed:
- rename modeshape-jcr-redux to modeshape-jcr