Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
The String.format() method accepts a Locale parameter. We should be using the Locale of the implementation class. Since the format method is called from a final method, we need a polymorphic way of getting the Locale instance; therefore, a protected method should be added to the generated base class like this:
Then each subclass should return a locale object specific to that class. The locale object returned should either be one of the following:
- Locale.CANADA - for "en_CA"
- Locale.CANADA_FRENCH - for "fr_CA"
- Locale.CHINESE - for "zh"
- Locale.ENGLISH - for "en"
- Locale.FRANCE - for "fr_FR"
- Locale.FRENCH - for "fr"
- Locale.GERMAN - for "de"
- Locale.GERMANY - for "de_DE"
- Locale.ITALIAN - for "it"
- Locale.ITALY - for "it_IT"
- Locale.JAPAN - for "ja_JP"
- Locale.JAPANESE - for "ja"
- Locale.KOREA - for "ko_KR"
- Locale.KOREAN - for "ko"
- Locale.SIMPLIFIED_CHINESE - for "zh_CN"
- Locale.TRADITIONAL_CHINESE - for "zh_TW"
- Locale.UK - for "en_GB"
- Locale.US - for "en_US"
If the locale is not one of the above, then the correct Locale should be created in a private constant field of the class like this:
Finally, all calls to format() should be rewritten to use the locale from the method like this: