When you are developing a business application and work with work item definition as implemented in https://issues.redhat.com/browse/KOGITO-3527 you can stumble onto a scenario where you correct a parameter value in your WI definition file. Doing will update the offered WI in palette but the already placed Work items are kept with old values.
1. Create a businessapp using archetype
2. Add WID defintion to global or to a package of BPMN process
3. Model a process and model your WID in it (start-> WID-> end)
4. Continue with development
5. Change the WID parameters, let's say some string to object
6. Inspect the process the WID already on canvas still has old value (string)
Nodes in canvas are updated with new template and values are preserved.