JBoss 6 creates a separate channel for each of its webapps that are marked as <distributable/> when mode=distribution. The reason is outlined in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-658. This is a problem if we have for example a stack called "relay" (and in infinispan-configs.xml the "web" configuration refers to "relay"), and the transport is shared (singleton_name is set):
- webapp web.war is deployed
- A channel for web.war is created by Infinispan
- The channel creates the shared transport and RELAY establishes the TCP bridge cluster as first member
- Webapp SessionDemo.war is deployed
- A new channel is created. The shared transport is not initialized again, as it already was for web.war
- However, RELAY joins the TCP bridge cluster and thus is in the same cluster as web.war !
==> However, both subclusters are named the same ! This leads to issues