Please implement HTTP Digest Authentication when acting as a client to an external web service. I don't mean using WS-Security, just using HTTP authentication in a similar that Basic Authentication is used - using JAX-WS code similar to this:
String url = configuration.getString(CONFIG_URL);
BindingProvider provider = (BindingProvider)requestInvoker;
This code works if run as a standalone java client (probably because Metro supports it). However it doesn't work with JBossWS:
- Native implementation simply doesn't work at all
- Metro implementation has classloading issues when web service calls are made (to do with WS-Addressing I think, I've seen other posts about it).
- CXF has the same issues as Metro
Given from my reading that the WS-Security work supports Digest authentication, it doesn't seem a difficult task. I'd suggest one of two ways to fix it:
1. Implement it in JBossWS native, OR
2. Fix the classloading issues in Metro and/or CXF so those stacks can be used (given they already support it).