1) We have a stateless EJB running on server A JBoss 6.0 w/ JBossTS 4.10.
2) when invoked the bean starts a transaction using OTS (TransactionCurrent) then makes a 'client' call to an Iona CORBA server running on server B.
3) The method we are calling on B is defined as REQUIRES (via standard transactional POA policy symantics)
4) the remote corba method inserts a record into a table using oracle XA driver and returns the id of the newly inserted record to A
5) A receives the id and attempts to, within the same global transaction, read the newly inserted record to do further work.
6) the transaction is then committed
What I am seeing is that before the OTS transaction is committed the new record is not visible to A. After the transaction is comitted it is visible to 'A'.
I would expect to see:
1) 'A' would be able to read the record since it is within the same global transaction before the transaction is committed.
2) If the Bean on A is coded as 'transaction required', I would think that I would not need to explicitly create an OTS transaction. The transaction created by the container would implicitly propagate to the corba call to server B.