Old dashbuilder tooling is going to be removed from 7
The new approach for managing dashboards will be, in the end, a combination of several platform components:
- Data set authoring for data retrieval (already released)
- An HTML wysiwyg editor for HTML content authoring (already released)
- Displayers components for charts and reports (already released)
- Page composer component plus navigation configuration capabilities (work in progress => https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DASHBUILDE-166)
- Dashboard filter controls (work in progress => https://issues.jboss.org/browse/DASHBUILDE-91)
This has several implications in the workbench:
1.- Menu entry & Home section "Manage dashboards" must be deleted
The Menu group Dashboards will contain only a single item "Process & Task dashboard".
2.- Dashbuilder screen panel is no longer needed
Remove the code from jbpm-console-ng.
3.- Update the documentation to reflect the new solution. Two sections are impacted:
Describe step by step how to create sample dashboards with the new solution.
4.- Migration tool for transferring dashboards from old dashbuilder to new one.
NOTE: As for the github repos, both dashboard-builder and jbpm-dashboard must be removed from master