I found this with my custom '5.3' build. Property substitution (as of
JBPAPP-10820) in MDB's annotation based activationConfig gets confused if the MDB also uses a jboss.xml file which tells that the JMS destination should be created automatically when the MDB is being deployed (<create-destination>true</create-destination>). Reproducer attached.
How to reproduce:
- compile the reproducer (mvn package)
- do NOT create any JMS queues in EAP5's configuration
- run EAP5 specifying the JNDI name for the queue using a system property:
- Deploy the jar
- There are two message driven beans in the reproducer:
- The NewMDB should have its queue (queue/QueueForNew) created (as specified in jboss.xml), but it will not.
- The NormalMDB, which doesn't use property substitution, has its queue (queue/QueueForOld) created properly and starts working.