When debugging a local wildfly server with a deployed servlet, making a breaking change such as method name or signature will fail.
This will pop up a dialog asking to restart the module or the server, which is expected. However, after that, non-breaking changes will still also pop up the hotcode-failed dialog, when it shouldn't.
1) Create a dynamic web project with simple servlet
2) Start a wildfly 10 in debug mode and deploy the web project
3) Run-on-server the servlet object and verify it shows expected output
4) Set a breakpoint inside the doGet() method
5) refresh browser (breakpoint gets hit), press play
6) Make a non-breaking change (change text inside doGet())
7) refresh website, verify breakpoint is hit, website content is updated
8) make a breaking change by adding a new method
9) hotcode-replace dialog appears. Press 'restart module'
10) refresh web browser, verify breakpoint is hit, output has changed as expected
11) make a non-breaking change in output of doGet()
12) ASSERT: hotcode replace dialog does NOT show - THIS STEP FAILS